Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Mantra...For This Chapter


I don't do an amazing job at being present/content when I feel like I'm not where I want to be, doing what I want to be doing.  But that's silly.  

It's also definitely an entitled, pride thing.  I worked hard for four years in college (....on my parents' dime).  I 'gave a year of my life' to AmeriCorps (so we live below the poverty-line for a measly year and qualify for food stamps - big woop - some of my students from the organization I worked with during my term of service were supporting families of 5+ on the equivalent of my stipend). 

Nowadays, work with/serve coffee to/do life with a lot of beautiful, interesting people.  And while this may not be what I imagined my life would be like going on my second year post-college, this is where I am.  And until I am somewhere else: 

"Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery that it is. In the boredom and pain of it, no less than in the excitement and gladness; touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it because in the last analysis, all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace.” 

-Frederick Buechner

No comments:

Post a Comment